3C 4 Incubators (Culture, Creative and Clusters for Incubators)
Developing territories through culture and creativity
The project gathers 9 partner organisations from 6 different countries. In three phases, 3C 4 Incubators will develop actions to:
- promote the cultural and creative sector as a factor of territorial development and an engine of economic and social innovation,
- support cultural and creative SMEs, Cultural Initiatives and Incubators through networking
approaches and newly developed tools
- promote the integration of results, experiences, project’s proposals and guidelines, contributing to the EU decision- and policy-making
- reach and involve governing bodies in discussion while disseminating the results and outputs across the institutional network at various territorial levels.
These actions will be based on the know-how, tools and guidelines, developed by the consortium through previous projects. By drawing on experimentation and research during the 3C 4 Incubators project, the past experiences and knowledge will be analyzed, developed further and gathered in a set of new project’s publications.
The project is set in three phases:
1 SHARING AND PLANNING (September – December 2013)
- 3 working groups, master plan preparation
2 MODEL EXPERIMENTATION (November 2013 – November 2014)
- Testing of models, methodologies and instruments, based on the existing outputs
3 TERRITORY INVOLVEMENT (November 2014 – January 2015)
- Dissemination of results and outputs to the institutional network
- Creation of Guidelines aimed at influencing the next programming period and policies
- Cultural incubators and organizations that provide orientation and support to cultural enterprises (professional international networks, Chambers of Commerce, Research organizations …);
- Cultural and creative entrepreneurs (associations included), organizations or cultural subjects in general terms;
- Institutional stakeholders and decision makers at various territorial levels (Vertical Governance bodies);
- European Institutions and policy makers
- Project partners;
- Educational Institutions (students, academics);
- General audience;
Mediterranean region, EU countries, Balkan region
The 3C 4 Incubators project is supported by the MED Programme, Capitalization projects.
What is the MED programme?
The MED programme is a transnational programme of European territorial cooperation. It is financed by the European Union as an instrument of its regional policy, implemented in its new programming period. It continues the tradition of the European programmes for cooperation (previously named Interreg).
The transnational setup allows the programme to tackle territorial challenges beyond national boundaries, such as environmental risk management, international business or transport corridors. So far, 144 projects have been programmed, co-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) up to a rate of 85%.
With a budget of more than 250M€ (193M€ of the total sum come from ERDF), the programme will launch, until exhaustion of its ERDF envelope, calls for projects to build transnational partnerships aimed at meeting the priority objectives of the programme in the Mediterranean space.
- To improve the area’s competitiveness in a way that guarantees growth and employment for the next generations (the Lisbon Strategy).
- To promote territorial cohesion and environmental protection, according to the logic of sustainable development (the Gothenburg Strategy).
What is capitalization?
The MED Programme is entering a new strategic phase as it sets out to collect the lessons learnt and form orientations for the elaboration of the new programming period. The capitalization activities implemented are therefore fundamental to gain understanding of the steps needed to build the new programme by drawing on the results achieved. The MED capitalization approach consists of various elements, such as animated clustering process together with MED projects (various events have been carried out for this reason), a call for – and from spring 2013 onwards – the realisation of capitalization projects, dedicated activities within the strategic, but also standard projects, to name the main elements only.
More information: www.programmemed.eu